Following the meeting of the Education and Skills Committee on 27 November 2019, the Convener wrote to the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills for an update as to when the suite of products referred to in a previous letter in respect of guidance and products to support information sharing practice would be available.
The Committee also agreed to write to all the Local Authorities to ascertain that they are using the revised guidance from the Information Commissioner’s office.
Read the Convener’s letters and the response from the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills.
- Read the letter from the Convener to the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills. 29 December 2019 (79KB pdf)
- Read the letter from the Convener to the local authorities. 19 December 2019 (93KB pdf)
- Read the letter from Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills. 29 January 2020 (98KB pdf)
The Information Commissioner wrote to the Convener regarding the use of guidance relating to information sharing by Local Authorities.
We will be making a further submission in advance of the next Committee meeting (now scheduled for November 2020).
Read about our petition’s history:
- Scots parents petition parliament for public inquiry into ‘illegal’ data sharing ( May 2018)
- GIRFEC petitions ( June 2018)
- Latest GIRFEC petition submission (September 2018)
- Public inquiry into GIRFEC human rights impact: parliamentary petition update (October 2019)
- Education & Skills Committee revisit GIRFEC petition (November 2019)
- Education & Skills Committee correspondence on GIRFEC petition (January 2020)